From sewer overflows to reservoir catchments—you need strong, complete, and continuous data streams across your sites and infrastructure.
But in an industry where many assets are remote or isolated, there simply isn’t the reliable connectivity needed to make this possible.
Add in a lack of power sources—plus exposure to ever-changing weather patterns—and getting quality data seems almost out of reach. Almost.
Measure, manage. Anywhere. With Krucial CONNECT.
Our technology allows you to digitize your operations at scale. Krucial CONNECT makes it easy to transmit secure data from IoT devices and smart equipment across your whole water assets network. Even your furthest, most inaccessible sites.
With reliable access to accurate, up-to-the-minute data, your decision-making will never be the same again.
Utilities: how it works
Simply connect IoT devices, such as sensors, to securely transmit data via LoRaWAN from your assets, sites, infrastructure, and buildings. Krucial CONNECT automatically switches between satellite and cellular, so your operational data keeps flowing. Durable, futureproof, it can be deployed anywhere – even your more remote and hard-to-reach sites. And thanks to a robust API, you can easily integrate with internal systems and workflows, so you have the data you need to make informed business decisions – fast.
Krucial for Utilities
For any and all water supply networks, monitoring multiple data assets across dispersed, poorly connected sites is challenging. Most networks rely on sensors for remote monitoring. But poor connectivity leads to data that’s inaccurate, incomplete, and insufficient. Plus, manual monitoring takes time—which makes it costly.
Krucial Connect lets you deploy IoT at scale, so you can access your data and act on it—across all your assets and site locations, from anywhere on earth.
The benefits of Krucial Connect
Built to last
Scalable across all operations
Simple to deploy
Visibility of dispersed operations
Interoperable with in-house systems
River quality monitoring
It can be costly and challenging to investigate incidents of pollution. Or pinpoint ongoing sources. Especially when you can only invest in a limited number of sample sites.
Krucial CONNECT can run off-grid and doesn’t depend on a single communications infrastructure to operate. So, you can gather vital information from multiple data points, across whole catchments and water courses.
- Provide accurate information to the public on water quality and safety
- Reduce treatment costs, by only abstracting when water quality is at its best
- Give advance warning of flood surges, so defenses can be prepared
- Get visibility of agricultural pollution sources such as slurries, fertilizers and pesticides
Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) monitoring
Many CSOs are remote, off-grid, and inaccessible. Which makes remote data monitoring difficult.
Krucial CONNECT frees you from relying on a single connectivity infrastructure. Access to continuous data from IoT devices across multiple sites gives you a complete view of your CSO performance. All you need to minimize blockages, overflows, stay compliant, and reduce impact on the environment.
- Easily determine if CSOs are performing as required
- Support appropriate levels of intervention by remotely monitoring CSO conditions
- Keep the public informed on where is safe to swim
- Identify the best areas for CSO investment—for instance, to increase sewer capacity
Reservoir catchment monitoring
Reservoirs are often in remote areas. That goes without saying. This means routine monitoring often relies on site visits from specialist technicians. This is both time-consuming and expensive.
Krucial CONNECT makes reservoir monitoring more manageable, more efficient, and more precise. Giving you remote access to all the water quality and volume data you need—24/7.
- Plan water resource models more precisely, by collecting more accurate data at higher frequency
- Reduce the need for on-site presence, with 24/7 visibility from your IoT devices
- Remotely monitor for dam wall movement and stay compliant with reservoir safety regulations
- Improve accuracy and efficiency of your water conservation efforts, for greater biodiversity